how many times is it ok to call the doctors at night with problems and how many times is it ok to see a doctor

i had to call the doctors 2 times last week cause my daughter has gerd and is having side effects from the medicine and she has been bloated and very gassy and i went to see the doctor on wednesday and on thursday night i had some problems with something else when is it ok to call the doctors and how many times is it ok to she the doctor ( i went 2 times in a week is that ok ) first time mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your baby is on meds for gerd? wow...both my kids had it and no meds here. just told me to burp more often, and make sure they're not sitting so their stomach is bunched up.

calling doctors at night? what's that? lol, our clinics are closed at night and weekends, they don't even have an advice nurse on duty, that's only for the hours they're open.

i agree with the pp, just look at books or ask on here. asking things on here has saved me from taking my kids to the doctor PLENTY of times, there are alot of home remedies you can do that are actually better than meds in some cases.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• A lot of stuff you can look up in a book, or ask us, or go on web md(or other reliable medical site) if it really scares you call your doctor when ever. If it can wait until daylight do so. Doctors are only human and are very busy, they get burned out too(so don't call about every little tiny thing). BUT don't ever worry about bothering someone if you feel your child's life could be in danger!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'd say it's ok to call the doctor whenever you need to. Sometimes, you may be able to just talk to the doc or a nurse and be comfortable. If you are bothered by the night thing, see if you can try during the day, but children don't get sick at convenient times. They're complicated that way. :)
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• See if you can find a nurse hotline. DD is on medicaid so I have a number to call.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• A nurse hotline is a good idea!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I hate nurse hotlines. they always tell you to go to the er.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 11:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• As often as you feel you need to. Your doc will tell you if it's too much. Or your insurance company will.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2009