How can you NOT care what you look like?

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 11:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• for some ppl it's just for a few things this might apply. if this is an overall issue for someone, it could be low self-esteem or depression. IMO it's not a good sign if someone says they don't care what they look like. some ppl may not be the most attractive and this is when I think this attitude comes out. not everyone is blessed to behold physical beauty.

i can tell by ur profile pic that you are attractive and seem to care what u look like. just enjoy your blessings and don't be concerned with those who don't share your viewpoint.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Pretty easy if I'm too busy to be bothered. What I look like has nothing to do with what I AM like. As long as I'm clean and dressed appropriately for the occasion, I'm good.

I used to spend hours on my appearance. Wasted time that I can't get back. I don't waste time any more...at 46 I don't have all that much left.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It's funny, I wear the least amount of makeup than anyone in my office. I don't have time or patience, and I always feel like the least attractive there. Then again, we're sitting there indoors not trying to impress anyone. At least with our physical features. Makeup takes a long time, and my skin seems to hate it as well. It's just sort of weird going in there and I look plain. But if I put on a bunch of weight that would be different.........
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• What is a priority to you is not necessarily a priority to others. In my experience as a hair stylist, I have learned that a haircut to one person is a miracle makeover, where to the next person it is simply hygiene and maintenance and some wish they didn't have to deal with it.
    For me I have let up a little on myself because I used to be so focused on it when I was younger. Well, I'm not the worst looking thing but don't look like I used to. I learned there is more to life than making myself look good to other peoples definition of looking good. We get old our looks change, hell by the time I'm 70 I'm gonna wear elastic waste pants, shirts with rhinestones and puffy paint with kittys on them and my Myrtle beach sun visor with my hot purple fanny pac thank you!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i always care. unless im giving birth then its whatever but yeah
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i care to a point..i make sure im clean my clothes are clean and im presentable but doesnt mean im going to throw on make up just to get milk...those people who have ratted hair and nasty dirty clothes or wearing some gaudy outfit yeah i have to wonder about those
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• for one lol I know I am a very pretty person, as soon as i wake up i was expected to shower get dressed do my hair the whole takin pride in ones self well i recently discovered that i can just go out in my pj's and know that i am still a very beautiful prideful person, i am not trying to impress anyone cause they one person that i should be worried about me trying to impress is my DH and yes he does like the extra attention i spend on myself but he also likes my natural look if i may, lol i mean i always brush my hair and throw it up in a ponytail, or put mousse in it... (Curly hair lol) everyday so that really isn't anything... lol i would rather be comfortable than worried about what some random person is thinking about my looks...
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• LOL I've even given up shaving my legs on a regular basis, I wear slacks to work and shit I've been married 7.5 years now, not trying to impress him!!!!!

Is that healthy LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I shave once a week or if I am wearing capris at work. Sometimes I catch shit at work for not waxing my eyebrows enough. I noticed when I don't wear makeup, people tell me I look tired and ask me if I'm feeling okay. I mean what the hell! Is it that bad?
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• " Sometimes I catch shit at work for not waxing my eyebrows enough."

!!!!!!! I've never waxed my eyebrows, and haven't bothered plucking in YEARS.

Of course, one benefit of age is that after years of plucking you no longer HAVE to. I think it murders the follicles or something.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2009