I want a new mommy...

My daugther is 3 and she is now telling me when she gets mad, that she wants a new mommy and she is going to get a new mommy.

Where did a 3 year old get this from?
She doesn't have any siblings, and hasn't been around to many other kids lately?

Has any other 3 years, said this to you. How do you take it? like what do u say to them?

HANNAHSMOMMY25

Asked by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is 8 now and I've still never gotten the "I hate you" which I remember telling my mom on a few choice occasions, but I have heard "I don't like you" already. And it cuts like a knife, but I knew I was doing the right thing at the time. Stay strong, because it gets worse, and better (the lows get worse, but the highs get better).

Answer by missanc at 8:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My dd has said this to me before, most of the time shouting it out from the corner when she is in time out. She was probably 3 or 4 the first time I heard it. I don't think she 'got it' from anyone in particular... I think at the time she felt very hard done by and was just expressing her belief that other mommies would not have a time out policy at their house!

I basically don't respond to it at all, other than to say that a time out does not start until she sits quietly. Afterwards I might say that hurt my feelings and she will apologize. Not sure about your dd, but my dd is quite often out for the attention and nothing works better than just not giving her any.

And I might add she is quick to tell me when I'm the BEST mommy too, so I don't take it too hard!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• LOL! Yes, it's something they all go through. If something breaks, you get a new one right?? Well, that is where she is getting it from. Something makes her mad, so why not get a new one? It's a phase. It will pass.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I just coudn't believe she said it already. I mean I have heard of kids saying it to their parents but much other. I was just suprise about it, being only 3. She saying it because we started a new routine for bed, no tv for naps or bed. just lullably music and that's when she says it mostly at nap time. Oh and tonight at the dinner table when i told her to eat some of her food. It just seems to ealry for her to say that.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• They really don't have to be around other kids, they can get it from cartoons, or hear other kids at the store, kids pick up things instantley, don't feel down momma it's a stage she will grow out of.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• She's probably saying it because at different times you've left her for a bit and she's learned you come and go. When she's mad at you like now because of a new routine she does not want, she does want you gone so she doesn't have to have that new routine.

has she started commenting on women's moustaches yet? Wait'll she really starts realizing things!!!
    What fun!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2009