When does your period normally return after giving birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Health

• I got my period just a few days after I stopped breastfeeding (8 months). Some people get theirs within a few months though, whether they're BF or not.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Whenever it feels like coming back normally. It takes awhile for your body to get back into the swing of things. If you're breastfeeding it can take even longer. Even though my first period came back a few months after, it still took several months for it to be normal. All I can say, is be prepared with some tampons/pads, but don't expect it to be normal for awhile. If it doesn't come back for awhile, don't be freaked out either. I felt better with a few dollar store pregnancy tests in the house. Even though we were using stuff to prevent any accidents. But sometimes when your system is still getting back into whack, it's better to know for sure!
    noellesmama

Answer by noellesmama at 12:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It completely differs for all women, and can be more unpredictable if you're exclusively breastfeeding. Typically if you're EBF they say it won't come back until you start your child on solids, but I was and it came back at 8 weeks PP
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• 9 months for me
    hcmerrell

Answer by hcmerrell at 6:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2008