*Christian denominations* I would like to know what your religion says about psychics *CHRISTIANS*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• 9 “When you are entered into the land that Jehovah your God is giving you, you must not learn to do according to the detestable things of those nations. 10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, 11 or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For everybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable things Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you deut.18:9-12
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• God finds it detestable and tells us to stay away from it.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• what proudmomma said
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am a christian. I also have alot of strong feelings about things and have precicted alot, not by choice or force. I guess its more like gut feelings rather not physcic, but I am not sure.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I STAND IN AGREEMENT WITH PROUDMOMMA

SHE QUOTED STRAIGHT FROM GOD'S WORD AND I WON'T ARGUE WITH HIM :o)
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That we are not to associate with the spirit world. Before I became a Christian I had my tarot cards read once by someone that told me that the "spirits" talked to her and gave her the information. Well, she told me things that KNOW ONE ELSE KNEW so I fully believe in this. I also believe that it is not my place to know the future and I'm glad for it. To communicate with spirits is to make yourself vulnerable to a whole world of woe, so I absolutely stay away.......
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• there is a huge difference between psychics and the prophetic giftings. Newbeginnings,,, your gifted with the word of knowledge which can often be confused with the psychic stuff. I just finished not to long about reading a book about all this. It was powerful. It is called Shifting Shadows of the Supernatural Power written by Julia Loren and it really put into perspective these giftings and why people like Jane Dixon, Nastrodames and those guys took a left turn after finding out they had these gifts. They were supposed to be used by God but missed it a long the way and now used the gift to glorify satan instead. I encourage you to read it to gain understand as well as the bible that talks about the difference as well. Hope this helps .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2009