What is free Masonry(not sure if even spelled that right)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• it might be called free masons
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Welcome to Freemasonry.org
    Freemasonry is the oldest and largest world wide fraternity dedicated to the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of a Supreme Being. Although of a religious nature, Freemasonry is not a religion. It urges its members, however, to be faithful and devoted to their own religious beliefs

above is from their website, my understanding is they have been around since the late 16th century in scotland.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My husband is a Free Mason. Its pretty much a non-college fraternity which has been around for a really long time. They started out as stone masons who wanted to keep their building secrets between themselves, but now the secrets are more ceremonial in nature. Like college fraternities they has so-called secret initiation rites. Although nowadays its not quite so secret. You can find most of the "secrets" online.

The Mason's have a reputation for having powerful men as members, but there are a great deal more average Joes than well-knowns. My husband, for example, is an E-4 in the army.

They meet once a week and do community work as well as activities with families. My husband's lodge has a huge family picnic every summer. The Shriners, who are part of the Masons, run charitable hospitals for children.

moonlitfairy

Answer by moonlitfairy at 3:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ...cont.

Some churches look down on the Masons because anyone of any faith is allowed to join. (Alcholics Anonymous has the same policy, mind you.) But all of the Masons I've met have been Christian of one denomination or another.

Dan Brown's new book has some pretty accurate information about Masons if you're curious for more. Its a fun read too!
    moonlitfairy

Answer by moonlitfairy at 3:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• free masonery is extremely satanic... most low level free mason's look at it like a little fraternity kinda like the lodge on the flintstones, but they don't know what the higher levels do like 32nd and 33rd degree masons do my father in-law is a free mason as was my childhood pastor...my father did tons of research on it and alot of the rituals that the take part in are disgusting not the low levels but the higher ups like walt disney and tons of politicians and historical leaders. The higher levels tell the lower levels that certain symbols an gestures mean one thing when the really have strong satanic meanings to them google the truth behind free masonery and check out youtube my father has tons of books on it written by former 33rd degree masons and other people who know about them check it all out before you just believe that it is a harmless little fraternity
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Please don't listen to that anon. She is clearly misinformed. :)
    moonlitfairy

Answer by moonlitfairy at 8:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yeah; Anon @ 3:55AM needed some sleep; that is totally incorrect.

moonlitfairy has a much closer answer to being correct.

Are any of you familiar with the "Eastern Stars"? their the female equivalent of the Free Masons; and at least the chapter my friends mother was a member of was comprised of church attending women; they viewed it as an extension of their church.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Anon, and what symbols would those be. I see a lot of hinting but no actual fact.
    telling someone to google does not constitute an actual source.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• The local Free Masons, here sponsored a two day trip to the mountains for a group of students in my Highschool. I think that there were like 20 of us total. It was to experiment with an idea of alternative learning. They then held a dinner in our honor and had us sit down and talk with the Masons about what we learned etc.
    They have sponsored the group every year since.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• maybe you guys should look stuff up yourself instead just believing what they tell you...ignorance is bliss
    Anonymous