What would cause severe abdominal cramps? (also posted in "health" for more answers)

I have been fine up until an hour ago i started having severe cramping in my lower abdomen. It feels a lot like a steady contraction but i'm not pregnant that i know of. I am waiting for my dr to call back, but i wanted to see if anyone else might know what it is. It isn't as painful as it was 30 mins ago but it still hurts to move. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance......Jaymi

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 12:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• have you ever had it before? and if so do you notice it after eating certain types of food? not to be gross but also do you have bowl issues? like IBS one day and constipation the next? or even one or the other for a week at a time? If the pain is on your right side just under your rib cage sort of feels like it shoots straight through you then it could be your gallbladder. It is very common in women who have had children.

This is all I can really think of unless you have IBS which can cause severe abdominal pain. The movemnt of gas can feel a lot like labor ( i always thought it felt worse honestly). Try a hot shower to help relax your muscles and your mind it can sometimes help.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yeah all I can think of is labor!!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thanks, i'm pretty sure i'm not in labor unless i'm having another miscarriage which i really hope not because i just had one September 4th. Thanks for the answer though....
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Could it be gas?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thanks for your answer, no i've never had IBS or anything like that. As of this moment it doesn't hurt too bad anymore but that really scared me because it hurt to even move. It was in my lower middle and left side of my abdomen. I called my mom and she said it kinda sounds like i passed a kidney stone, she just went through that a month ago but hers were worse. Thanks for the input. Maybe that's what it was (crosses fingers).
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2009