My son has a low fever what can i do to bring it down???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nothing.
    If he has a low fever let it run it's course. Just make sure he has water in his body.

Fevers are not bad. His body is trying to fight infection. As long as his temp stays below ...103 or 104 he will be just fine.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You can put him in some luke warm bath water. That is what my mom always told me to do with my two boys.
    rebel_momma

Answer by rebel_momma at 12:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I repeat.
    If it's a low fever let it be!
    If you want his body to take longer to fight the infection then try to bring it down. But if you'd rather have the infection go away sooner then let his body do what his body was MADE to do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• just keep him comfortable. The main thing that is important is to find out what is causes his fever. Give him plenty of fluids and provide a comfortable place for him to rest. Watch him closely. Call the doctor tommorow and have him seen.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My son has a low fever what can i do to bring it down???

OP Why does your son have fever?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think if the OP knew why her son has a fever, she wouldn't be asking us how to get rid of it right?

I agree, as long as it stays below 103 . . . keep him/her hydrated and just keep him/her comfortable. If it goes above that and you don't know the cause, go to the ER. My daughter got sick in Panama over the summer and I was TERRIFIED. She had what they told me was 39.8 Celcius, neither them nor myself knew the conversion . . turns out it was 103.64 . . . once there, we put her in a lukewarm bath and I had to keep pouring the water over her head for 20 minutes (not her face, of course) . . . and she was fine (fever left) . . . to this day, I don't know what caused it or where it came from. Could it have been the swine flu . . . they said no; however, they never drew blood. They said it was Pharyngitis. Scared the wits out of me, but her temperature came down to normal and stayed down with meds . . my poor baby.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• there is no such thing as a low fever. either the kid has a fevr or it doesnt. what the temperature?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009