foul odor?

my sons father and i have been together for almost 3 years and recently broke up a few months ago. i started talking to my ex boyfriend recently and we had sex (unprotected) and right after i noticed my discharge was smelling funny. its vinegary and fishy kind of. i looked it up online and it says bacterial vaginosis? ive had that once before and i believe i got it from having sex with another person...anyone had this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Health

• DOUCHE~!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't necessarily douche, unless you get doctor's/OB's approval. It has the potential to drive up any infection deeper in to you.
    It does sound like an infection of some sort. I would still definitely go to the OB and get a pap smear done, and just get yourself checked overall. :]
    Good luck!

Oh, btw. I haven't had it, but I have heard about it from a few of my friends who did recieve an infection or even an STD from their partner.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i did and it worked for a little while but then the smell came back. then i read on the website that your not supposed to douche with vaginitis :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• BV is not a sexually transmitted disease. douching can cause it. also having sex with a new partner can trigger it from different bacterias. it does not mean your partner is not clean, or faithful. if you have had it before it is more likely to reoccur and you are more likely to have PID. DO NOT DOUCHE! see your doctor as soon as possible. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I had chlamhidia (sp) once and the smell was Horrible! Go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Douche with a homeopathic product, not the crap chemicals you find in the drugstore, there are plenty of herbs that are beneficial for the vaigina such as pau de arco...caprylic acid as well, & cranberries...some people don't mix, I had a boyfriend that left me smelly ...the way you descirbed, it wasn't an infection just a bad mix, I always douche after sex, even if it's just w/ warm water.. douching doesn't 'drive an infection deeper'...that's just ignorant as hell to think that, sorry...you need to cleanse to rid yourself of an infection but just because you have a fishy odor after sex that doesn't mean you have an infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'm appalled by the lack of ignorance in some of these replies...if any of you had an infection on your hand or your knee...would you refuse to cleanse it because it might 'drive the infection deeper"...lol seriously, let's think here...uhhhh ya, cleaning an infected area is A GOOD THING.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Uhh, i didn't say "ew, don't clean or wipe yourself"
    Douching DOES cause a lot more problems then it helping in most cases.
    I'm not ignorant, thanks.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• " You may be able to avoid bacterial vaginosis if you limit your number of sex partners and don't douche or smoke. "

http://health.yahoo.com/infectiousdisease-causes/bacterial-vaginosis-topic-overview/healthwise--hw53099.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• See a doctor...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2009