I am newly pregnant, and I have been having a lot of hot flashes. I also have like been having like belly button pain. It feels like it's like my tissue is being streached and or torn. is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the hot flashes should pass after your third month but return around 6 or 7th month. as your abdominal wall stretches to make room for everything that's going on it can feel like it's ripping. i don't remember when that ripping sensation finally stopped but i do remember it comming in waves. now every pregnancy is different so all we moms can do is compare and relate, we can't say how someone elses pregnancy will go or how it'll be like. you are going to be fine, despite the sucky hot flashes and the ripping sensations. you will feel when something is wrong, and if you keep fighting the thought(of something being wrong) and it keeps comming back look into it(better to be safe than sorry), call mom or anyone your comfortable speaking with(already mom's) and seek advice. try water at room temp to stop the wave of hot flashes. good luck and God bless
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• The tissue IS being stretched and torn and yes it's normal. I never experienced the hot flashes so I don't know what to tell you about that.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• how new is newly pregnant? if you are in your first trimester, you experience a lot of uncomfortable things, but i'm not sure if your tissue being "stretched and torn" is one of them. That usually occurs when the fetus is bigger.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2009