Do you dress your baby like a little doll?

I love to put cute clothes on my daughter, buy her cute shoes, and do her hair in pretty bows. I want people to think I take good care of her. If she gets a stain on anything, I change her right away. Anyone else like me? By the way, it doesn't cost a lot to make your baby look good. Even Wal-Mart has cute styles for cheap. I even buy her stuff from thrift stores.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I make sure my kids are clean and well dressed. They have nice looking clothes and they always look well taken care of. I don't intend to make them look like dolls, but I do make sure they look presentable.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yessss. I had a son 1st, so it was even worse. She had a million bows, dresses, hair things, etc

I also bought a "jingle baby" anklet for her.
    She was always pink and perfect as a baby.... now at 3 she is even worse, lol.
    Little girls are a direct reflection of us, right?

the outfit she came home from the hospital in was a hand stitched tulle baby ballerina dress.... and the nurses all wanted a picture with her

As awful as it sounds I think ugly children can be fixed with the right hair and clothes.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I like my son to be well-dressed and clean when we go out. It drives my fiance nuts. I will even dampen his hair, comb it through, and put detangler mixed with some natural-based hair gel in his hair. He has defiant curly hair like I do... and I refuse to cut it. It's a huge plus if I can find clothes that are unique. Like a doll? I don't know. But he always looks good.

I think it's because I used to spend hours on myself before stepping out of the house... now I can't. It has been cut down to 15 minutes tops. So while I may not be as styling as I used to be, my son has taken my place.

When he was an infant, I hated anything baby blue and cutesy. He wore a lot of green, and even blacks. Had a small faux mohawk. It was fun. :)

Have fun with your little mini me!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2009