the coat you're wearing (or will be wearing) this Winter....

How many Winters has it been on your back?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• scary. i dunno. my leather blazer almost 15. my columbia ski coat 19.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am in Minnesota (Northern) and we had our 1st snow last week, which was also my birthday. I put on my coat as always to supervise my kids "shovel" in their sandbox .... my 7th Winter in the same woooooooooooorn out tired coat. And the next morning my Momma surprised me with a gorgeous brand new one. Awwww!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I've had most of the ones I own since I was a teen... So... anywhere from 1-6 years. The newest one I bought because I was still so heavy last winter after having my daughter that none of my other ones fit : /
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 2:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I need a new hoodie. The one I wear the most I love, but its really seen better days. I've had it for 9 years. The actual coat I have I bought last winter, its a peacoat. The winters are mild enough here that it didn't see much use - maybe a month total. At this rate it should last forever.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Hahaha! I think I've been wearing my Columbia jacket for over 10 years! And the only issue it is that the zipper pull fell off! Maybe some day I'll find a new coat I like! But, in Wisconsin, you need to use what's practical!
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 5:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This will be number 15.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have a grey wool pea coat that I'm going into my 3rd winter with, and I just bought a regular winter coat that will be better for playing in the snow with the kids - going tobogganing, building snowmen, that sort of thing - but it's been probably9 or 10 years since I bought one like that.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My leather jacket almost 5, and my "dress" coat like 7.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Funny you should ask. I had to grab a coat for the first time this season and grabbed the wrong one. I grabbed the playing with the dog and raking leaves coat which has some damage to it. I don't know what else I have stuffed in the closet, but I have a feeling that it is time for a new one. Time to take inventory at the very least.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• good god I am happy to see I am not the only one, LOL! my kids get new coats every year, sometimes twice since they're only 3 and 4 and what fits in September often doesn't fit in March. And my husband is so HARD on his clothes.... a coat is 2 years max....... but Momma's.... ha...
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009