What did you learn from your parents, who ever raised you that you're passing on to your children?

I learned that children have a place in the background in the adult world, respect adults' time and conversation. Every adult conversation no matter what it's about or where a conversation is held, it's not always for children to interrupt. That's something good I learned. Did you learn anything very important to pass on? About families? Medicine, Religion, maybe Education or Work Ethic? Women's dreams in a
' man's ' world?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 2:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I learned to listen is as important as being listened to
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I learned to just be good - as good as you can be and I'm teaching my children that. To be just plain good people. Lol, I know it's weird to say because I'm sure we're ALL trying to teach our children to be GOOD people. I'm trying to instill kindness and humility, courage and confidence - all that good stuff. And my girls are so wonderfully kind and nice. So I guess it's working. :-D
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I was taught that adults command respect. I always addressed an adult as "Sir " or "Ma'am" and still do. I was also taught that good manners always have a place, and to treat others as I would want to be treated. I taught this to my kids, and hope that they pass it along to their kids.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That I should have respect and have manners .
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My whole family taught me to be unselfish, to help someone in need, to love and serve God, and each other. My family has seriously had a lot of problems, and dysfunction, but they are amazing people. I realize with my kids, that I cannot be the perfect mom, and they cannot be the perfect children, and we can never be the perfect famiy. But we can always choose to love one another, and no matter what happens during the day, at the end of the day, we say our family prayer, and give hugs and love goodnight, and love prevails in our house.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2009