how can i tell if my one month old has gas?

miss_ashley225

Asked by miss_ashley225 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • With my son I had the following signs: excessively fussy, passing a lot of gas (not always), pulling legs towards stomach and tensing up as if in pain, difficult to burp and prolonged crying, especially after feedings. I had to use the bottles with the drop-in liners and switch formula.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 7:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• If you think the baby has gas you could lay the baby on its tummy and pat its back. Or lay the baby on its back and move hits legs as if it was riding a bicycle. That my get some of it out. Good Luck.
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I agree with ShadesofGray. Remedies are as follows: Warm baths. Laying the child on their back and gently rocking their knees back and forth towards their chest. Gas drops may work, but I personally tend to stay away from chemical products. Also sometimes vibrating works, so if you have a bouncer or toy that vibrates you might try that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009