HELP I woke up with flea bites all over me!

So its 2:30AM here and I woke up because I had this terrible terrible itching. Apparently my dog has fleas? Because I found 2 in my bed! Yes I am positive they are fleas, they are not bed bugs, they are fleas. My left arm is completely covered in puffy bite marks and it hurts! I need to know how to get rid of them QUICK! 1 because I need some sleep! But mostly because I do NOT want these things to get to my kids rooms! The dog doesn't go in the kids rooms, only in mine and in the family room & kitchen. HELP what the heck do I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Health

• First, you need to get Frontline or Revolution for the dog. Those are really the best meds to kill them on your dog. Next, washs your linens and vacuum everything else thouroghly. You will need to keep up with the Frontline or Revolution for about 7months, allowing enough time for all the eggs to hatch and be dead, so they don't reinfest the dog. There is also some sprays you can get to spray on the carpet and furniture to kill the fleas, but usually vacuuming is just fine, besides that fact that if they can't live off your dog, they will die off quickly anyway.
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 5:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2009