im trying to have another baby, and i just had one a month ago well when will i ovalate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• about 6 weeks post delivery, give or take you'll stop post partum bleeding..... and a regular period can start any time after that.

Prepare for lotsa comments and advice though cuz that is SUPER unhealthy/not advisable

your body needs time to heal itself and bond with baby #1

I know hair loss and nutritional issues are just some of the problems u could face
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Look in yourself real hard as to why you need another baby right right away? A friend of mine had babies super close - one born January one born September. She is really reallly drained. it's worse than twins cause they're in different growths - one baby teething (january baby and sleepless nights from teething) and the other sleepless typical newborn. She's sorry cuz she can't enjoy either baby.

But if it does happen that close they really are like twins. But keep separate notebooks on them like some multiples moms do to track their timings of feedings, meds, etc.

Twins run in both mine and my husband's family, he and I don't have them but we sure know all about 'em. He's a twin too.

If you're not healed and well rested as time goes on it makes parenting even harder. I spent over a week with an infection myself after my first baby's delivery. It made dealing with a newborn super hard. Sure could have used time.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It's only been a month, what's the rush? Let you body recover and enjoy the baby you have!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Wait at least a year. Enjoy the baby you have.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 3:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I agree with all of the above...
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 5:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• you only setting yourself up for a increased chance in miscarriage, premature delivery, and health problems in you or baby. The body's recovery extends far beyond 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You will make your own decision, but I agree with the other posters...wait a little while.
    mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 6:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• NO! According to What You Can Expect... your body takes 18 months to fully recover from having a baby.  Why would you want Irish Twins, anyway?  Let your body heal -- it's much better for you.

AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 6:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think you should wait just a bit. At least the 6 weeks that your dr said not to have sex. As for the "oh it is horrible and you shouldnt have babies so close..enjoy your other baby..blah blah" I have girls that are 12 months and 2 days apart. I got pregnant with the youngest when my ODD was almost 4 months old. I love how close they are now. I didnt have any problems with my pregnancy or labor. As for having a newborn and a 1 year old. It was hard at first like the 1st month but once I got them on the same schedule it was cake! Plus I didnt have to deal with the whole jealousy issue with my oldest. There are groups on here for closely Spaced siblings and I am sure there are some ladies that know way more about it than me b/c my girls are almost 3, almost 2, and then 1 unknown on the way. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    AmandaMichele

Answer by AmandaMichele at 7:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Please try to wait! Do some research on having babies so close. By giving your body time to heal you are doing your body a favor & your next child a favor. By getting pregnant too soon #2 may not get the best start in life.. If your really wanting them as close as possible wait atleaste 6-9mo! By the time they are older the 1.5yr difference (counting 9mo pregnancy +9mo waiting) wont matter any! They will only be 1 grade apart in school.
    Also give your #1 child some special time to be with you & bond, having 2 kids changes everything! Right now 1 newborn is pretty easy to care for. but at around 3mo a baby changes & can be more of a handful!
    Good Luck Sweetie! If your still thinking you want #2 ASAP maybe you should talk to your DR.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2009