help!!!

i took my dd to the er because she has had diarhea for almost a week now..she is only 2 1/2 months...they said that it looks like she has a tooth coming in but having a tooth come in wouldnt cause her to poop so much would it? its like everytime i change her she poops again...so far today i have changed 8 diapers and as im typing she is doing it again so now its 9...can this cause all this pooping and is there anything that i can give her to help her stop..this is crazy

SPC.armywife

Asked by SPC.armywife at 2:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as shes not dehydrated.I wouldnt worry. Does she still have wet diapers? Do you BF or FF ? If u BF have you changed your diet? Maybe she needs a different Formula?
    allycally

Answer by allycally at 3:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• she is formula fed..we found out that she couldnt have any thing but soy formula and thats what she is on..she has wet diapers but it seems like she has more poop then pee diapers
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 3:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• feed her bananas, it'll slow everything down, works every time, but if she's young, just remembered she's 2 months, corn starch and a lil water, give it to her in a syringe, its good for diarrhea, my mom and her sisters used to do it all the time, :)
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• thank you so much!
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 4:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Both my kids get the runs when teething!

I don't know about FF kids, mine were BF, but it was normal for my son to have 8 poopy diapers a day. He did that from birth until he started solids.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 9:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yep both mine had bad poopy with teething. my sisters baby is 8 months old and will have , on a normal day, 4 poopy diapers and thats just the 8 hours that i have her during the day. she poops more at too.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 9:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009