this is a question for my friend, how long do you have to wait untill you can take a pregancy test after the 1st night of conceiving??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it would be safe to wait until 16 days. After you ovulate you should start your period 14 days later, and usually you can get a positive test a few days before, depending on implantation I think... I could be wrong though,.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• about 2 wks. Pregnancy tests are the most accurate when done the first day of a missed period, but can detect the hormone up to a wk before. The blood test is accurate by 10 days.
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 4:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• it can take a week for the egg to even implant. (when hormones start to be made) So the best time even with an early test is the day of or after the missed period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• About 2 wks Though I know people who tested a false negative the whole pregnancy
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Most HPT tests (if you read the leaflet) tell you to test 19 days after conception, keep in mind HPT were designed for those with 28 day cycles AND who ovulate on day 14 (only like 25% do this naturally), if negative HPT and no period, test again in three days, repeat, still no period, go to the dr.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 8:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You can start testing whenever you want lol I got a BFP at 8 days past ovulation with my 1st and 15 days past ovulation with my second.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 10:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2009