i had my baby sept. 14th and its oct. 19th today and i stop bleeding from labor, but when will my real period come on??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at least you stopped bleeding.. I'm almost done and I gave birth on the 10th of last month.. but I can't tell you when your period will be back.. I'm still wondering the same as well
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Honestly, it's going to depend on a LOT of things. If you nurse, then there is a good chance (though not guaranteed) that you will go without your period for longer (though there is also the chance that you will still ovulate). I got pg with my dd when my ds was 6 mos old, and I hadn't re-started my period. My dd was a yr old before I started again. ( I nursed both) I've had friends start a month or 2 after child birth.

Also, even if, say, you and your friend do things exactly the same - say you both nurse or use formula, you're both the same age, same size, etc, that still doesn't mean that you will start your period again at the same time.

It's sort of like starting your period to begin with - every woman is different, and every one is going to have their own personal "internal clock" that's going to determine it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It's different for everyone! There's no set time! If you're breastfeeding you may not even get one until you stop breastfeeding! I think sailorwifemom put it nicely!
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 4:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? I was and I got mine at 4mo pp with my 1st and 6mo pp with my 2nd. A friend of mine is nursing her 18mo old and she still hasn't gotten hers.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 9:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I nursed and my first period came on my childs first birthday.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am bf and my ds is almost 6 months and still no return which is fine with me, I think with my dd it was about 10 months.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2009