how can i get in the habit and love to clean my house everyday?

i admit that hubby and i are very disorganized and my house is a mess if i don't clean everyday,but honestly i really don't like cleaning, it is because when i was 5 i remember my mom making me do the dishes,and if i didn't do them i couldn't go out and play, that is why i don't like doing daily chores and it is getting to be a bit of a problem at home and yet another thing is i wish i could be a normal woman that has her house pretty presentable all the time! HELP PLEASE!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• When you figure that out, you want to let me know? Maybe there's a magic pill!
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 4:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• On a serious note though, most people don't have immaculate houses! If you have kids, you would pretty much be constantly cleaning if you were going for constant presentability. I have pretty much resolved myself to living in a relatively "clean" but cluttered house. It's exasperating when you spend so much time cleaning up only to have it messed up again by the next day!!! I just try to at least get my house picked up weekly, and do a good cleaning at least once a month!
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 4:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• join some cleaning groups on here.. there is living the clean life which is very helpful. also try dong one thing every single day until you are doing it well then move on to the next.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Try writing a chore list for yourself on a white board. Check the things off everyday. Doing dishes everyday will only take you little while where it will take forever if you wait 3-4 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• First stop with the excuses. Just having to do dishes as a child is not a good reason to not clean as an adult. you cannot blame how you behave now on your parents. I dont know anyone who loves to clean, we do it so our homes look nice and our children can learn from that and have a clean environment to grow up in. I have this book and really like it http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?prodID=20319 Also check this site out, http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/homemaking.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I just don't understand why annon. 5:48 is so mad at OP:)
    if OP had a bad experience from doing chores as a child, it is her experience. We all are different from each other and what works in a child to motivate that child, doesn't work with another. Also it depends the way discipline is given- in this case, OP didn't learn responsibility; I am happy it worked for you, but I don't see the reason to attack OP.

back to the question: I would suggest small steps like: putting things to place- when you're done with something take it to its place, don't do it later. I also read a great article with practical ideas on organizing your home (it was one of those cafemom daily buzz-es or you can google- there are so many articles out there)- like for ex. having one shelf in your living room just for papers, mails. A practical idea that I liked was having a coffee table with a shelf underneath, really helps putting books or magazines.

r_b

Answer by r_b at 6:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• also organize your time and use it wisely- it would surprise you how time consuming internet and TV can be- I use to shut down the screen of the computer, or the computer; and TV for most part of the day, so that I will not be distracted but clean and do other more important stuff.
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 6:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Make a permanent list of the stuff that HAS to be done every day, like washing the dishes, etc. Then each day, clean ONE room. REALLY clean it, like if it's the bedroom, clean out the closets, fold everythingthat goes in the drawersand organize them, put clean sheets on the bed, wash the blankets and bedspread, vacuum the floor, including moving all the furniture and doing under it, dusting everything, including the picture frames.Wash the inside of the windows and the mirrors, wipe the glass on the front of the pictures. This will take several hours, but you will feel so satisfied afterwards. Do another room each day-just one room. By the time you come around to the bedroom again, there won't be nearly so much to do, You won't have to move all the furniture, for example, or wash the windows, and once everything is in it's place, it's easier to keep it there. Keep the job manageable--one room.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I hate cleaning. I make a list of daily stuff, and then try to break the rest up to only doing it one day a week or every other week. The kids stuff, it only gets picked up once a day.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 7:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• When you come up with a plan let me know. I need help too!
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 7:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2009