Anyone else Obsessed over Twilight Sagas?

Seriously, I dont think I've ever been so obsessed over a book, until I started the Twilight Saga books!!! I'm an avid reader, but this one had me enthralled!!! Every free moment I had I was reading!!! I honestly felt all the emotions she went through!! I was so bummed to get to the end of the 4th book, because it was done!!! Anyone else gotten so absorbed in the Twilight sagas?! I feel like no other books will compare now! The weird thing is I was never into the vampire thing! The onlt reason I read the first book was because so many people were talking about it! By the first chapter I was hooked!!!

xraydri

Asked by xraydri at 5:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Entertainment

• Lol i'm not the only one. I have read each of the books at least 3 times. When i read them the first time it was hard to get anything other then reading done lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• oh geez
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i feel the same way i love twilight
    stephanielashay

Answer by stephanielashay at 6:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I will second the "oh geez" response.

These are terrible terrible books.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This series turned me into a reader. I'm glad I picked up the first book because I now have a love for reading. The Twilight series is a wonderful escape. The Host was great also.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Ok dont hate me because I saw the movie!! lol But I loved the movie and I am looking forward to checking out the books soon.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• No, you're not the only one. I saw the movie before I read the books. Even after I saw the movie it took me a long time to get to the books. I love that series. It's probably the only time I've ever liked a movie that was based on a book.

But you are going to get some nasty comments. I'm amazed at how many people hate Twilight but love all those ridiculous "reality" shows. Or the ones who know this thread is for people who like the saga and come in here to hate on it anyway. That is what deserves the "oh geez" comment.
    Anonymous

• whoever said they were "terrible books".....please explain as to HOW you could think such things?!!
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 1:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I Love Twilight!!!!! The movie is the best & the books are even better!!! I've also never been into "Vampire" movies/books........ but I'm hooked on Twilight!!! My daughter & I have both read all 4 books twice...... the 2nd time was as good as the 1st!!!! Everyone that I know who has actually started the books are addicted now...... those who haven't are the ones who say "Oh Geez"!!!! I know & understand that everythings not for everyone.....but I think if you like the movie, you'll love the books!!!!!!!
    Xoxo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I will third the "oh geez" comment. I read three out of the four "Twilight" books and thought they were of terrible literary quality. Since Mrs.Loeffel asked how anyone could think that, I'll explain.

In brief:
    A.) Poor writing
    B.) Poor plotting and structure

A.) POOR WRITING
    Apart from the fact that Meyer's writing has no distinctive style, she commits several deathly writing sins, including very poorly written dialogue. Characters have no defining speech patterns or spoken mannerisms and their personalities are poorly conveyed through spoken expression. This was half the reason I found the characters so dull. Equally irritating was the fact that Meyer used every possible permutation of the word "said", to a juvenile and unnecessary degree. Examples of this include " 'What?' she asked", " 'Hello,' she greeted", and (horror of horrors) " 'Shh,' he shushed".
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2009