30 YO Needs Help Dressing Herself!

How am I supposed to dress? I never give any attention to my appearance partly because I am not where I want to be weight-wise and I really don't like to put too much attention in getting ready in the morning.

What are some simple things I can do to spruce up my appearance without spending so much time in the mirror?

My typical wear for the day is usually a ponytail, simple solid color shirt and khaki pants and plain brown shoes. I don't wear makeup or jewelry.

mamasarias

Asked by mamasarias at 6:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Hair--If you don't want to spend money or put a lot of effort into doing your hair each morning, I would purchase a bunch of sophisticated hair accessories to "jazz up" your updo and look more polished.

Clothing--if you do not have a uniform (or set colors) you have to wear to work, then I would add brightly colored scarves--which can be worn many different ways, and mixed and matched with whatever. When I was "between sizes," I found that babydoll, empire waisted tops with or without simple ties or tops with built in belts were my best friend, as I could continue to make them tighter as I lost weight, but they were "forgiving" in the interim!

When I find a pair of shoes that are comfortable and suitable for everyday wear, I buy every color--in wide widths--much more comfortable!

Make up-look into the new mineral powder lines--very light and natural looking and they "erase" any imperfections!

Hope this helps!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thanks LoriKeet! It helps a lot!
    mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 7:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2009