What should I get my parents for christmas?

My parents are always the hardest to buy gifts for during the holidays, and every year i struggle with new creative ideas. Does anyone have any good ideas for an older couple... been married 30 years and dad is retired...

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 7:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Shopping

• How about a gift card from the grocery store? I did this for my mother last year and she loved it! Or maybe tickets to a concert or sporting event. Good luck!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Gift certificate for a nice restaurant, or maybe one for a message for the 2 of them. My Dad and his wife loved having the message, they asked for it the following yr.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Gift card s to the movie theatre. are nice too.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You could fix up a basket with some of their favortie snacks and gift card to rent some movies. A basket for your mom with candles and bubble bath and for dad a basket with some things for what ever his favorite hobby is. A book of pictures of the kids thru the year...Shutterfly has a easy program to use.
    angie729

Answer by angie729 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you. I've racked my brain! My parents are so hard to buy for as well.....probably because we have the same parents. :) I really don't like gift cards cause they are so impersonable but that might be what we have to do. I like getting gift cards though so maybe they would too. Did I show you the xmas ornament I got them for 30 year anniversary? It's cute.
    mom22littlegirl

Answer by mom22littlegirl at 11:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My grandparents are the same way so we get them gift cards to the hotel they always stay in in Vegas.
    nebcutie

Answer by nebcutie at 12:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Something I get alot of people for x-mas is.........I buy a cute basket - like a small laundry basket size..they look like wicker...and i usually get a decorative bow for around it.....I fill it with a bunch of different things I think they would like...instead of worrying about 1 big perfect gift, I get a bunch of little good gifts....and set them up nicely inside of the basket...and you can get that clear wrap stuff to cover it, so it doesnt get messed up ...or so it feels more wrapped up

also since they are retired and stuff, you could get them a couple of tickets to different places..like museums if they like that or hotels, restraunts, etc.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I go to Kodak and make everyone (parents and grandparents) a calander of the family thro the year. The beach vacation that we all took together, my son, whatever family wedding there was that summer (with 30+ cousins there is always at least one) etc etc, personal and they can use it too. Kodak also lets you put photos on mugs or a photo puzzle, etc.
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 2:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I just had my daughter in August and this is the first grandchild for my parents. So for my dad and stepmom I'm making a photo book from Shutterfly for them. For my mom, I'm getting her a digital picture frame and putting pics of my daughter on it for her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My sister and I have started going in together for presents.Theme ones such as a new camera to replace her old unreliable one.Plus a little photo printer,stock and gift certificate to purchase more supplies.We also taught her how to send pix to Walgreens to be printed for the ones she didn't have to have right now.Gift cards are ok if there is a thought to go with them.My mom and her friends are ladies that lunch.So we will give her several cards to the places they eat at frequently and a movie card They also go to matinees together.Depending sometimes we will also get her a cute top and earrings for the lunch group.These ladies meet for lunch no matter what else-hurricane-twice a week.Then just so she'll have more to unwrap,she gives way too much to the grand children, a bestseller,really good lotion,,now frames for the photos,earrings small stuff.

Anonymous