Help with my 6 year old...

My youngest child who will be turning 7 in less than 2 months can't seem to wipe herself properly. She says she wipes till the poo is gone, but there are always "streaks" in her panties. No matter what I say, nothing helps! Any suggestions?

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 8:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you tried the flushable wet wipes for kids? Maybe they would be better for her to make sure everything is "clean" when she's done.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have the same problem with my daughter (who is 7). I tried to explain to her and show her that she was not wiping very well but she still ignored it and said the same thing ( i am wiping). She has been doing her own laundry. I think that she is understanding now. She is doing her own laundry because I told her that it is gross and she may be able to handle it but I cant.
    SonyaLudwig

Answer by SonyaLudwig at 2:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009