Sparkpeople.com, Can you help me lose weight? Need help answering a question

I'm 223 lbs... and want to lose 65 lbs and I want it to stay off. I am making it a lifestyle change not just a fad diet.

I'm using sparkpeople.com and I need to know what to set my goals at for carbs, fats and proteins. I set myt claories at 1500-1800 a day for now and will go down to just 1500. Anyones have any helpful hints?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I use it. You need to enter in all your information and it will set up your goals for you. I started out at 182 and I am down to 167

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• SP.com does the work for you. Just put in your current weight and how much you want to lose and by when (if you want) and it will tell you how many calories, etc.
    I think it works pretty good if you stick to their recommendations. I have no will power so...
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Sparkpeople works and is helpful. I've lost 40 pounds. Don't go TOO low though or your body will think you're starving and hang on to everything you give it. It takes time to get it off---don't try to rush things. 1-2 pounds a week is the best rate to lose it at IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT OFF.
    Any quicker, you'll gain it all back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2009