Anyone have similiar experiences?

I'm in no way discounting those who have suffered miscarriages or who's children have passed away, just asking.

(may be a bit of a rant)

Before you had your first child (if you were TTC them or even while pregnant) how many people really just brought you down? What i mean is, they tell you things like "you can't handle a child"or whatever? This stuff really upsets me, I mean I can understand if you never change a diaper or etc (even though you can and do learn), but I've worked with kids for over 2 years, all different ages, and MULTIPLE children (lowest number of children I've EVER had was 4 and those were infant). I mean, dealing/taking care of FOUR infants/six toddlers/eight 2 year olds/twelve 3 year olds/twenty four4 year olds is a LOT different then just one (or even two). I'm not saying it's exactly the same (8-10 hours compared to 24/7) but regardless it is (imo) harder because of sheer numbers (four infants are

Aniyunwiya

Asked by Aniyunwiya at 9:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i was told that. i was 18 when i got married, 19 when i had my dughter. by 20 we owned our own home. im a good mom.

i worked w lots of kids before too, and itss great experience, but like you said it will be different doing it 24/7. i know it was for me. im now 21 ans ttc my second baby. dont let them get you down. people can be so stupid
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• (cont) are more needy then one etc) Anyone else go through this? This especially irritated me when fiance's step dad (who has THREE, possibly four but three we know of, children, none of which he actually takes care of) and tells me "I"can't handle having kids? (we didn't tell them we were ttc, it just came up) especially when I was taking care of his son (i think 2 at the time) all day every day when his mom (fiance's mom) was at school/work and HE was in JAIL for not paying child support for his oldest son (who he never sees).

I guess it really hurts me, but ya anyone else have similiar experiences?

Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 9:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I get told im crazy for TTC when im 22(my fiance' is 24) and not married, i have had miscarriages in the past and tons of ppl just tell me to close my legs or get sniped. I am told i couldnt handle being a mother, even though i have worked with children ages ranging from 6 weeks-12 years old for many many years. It hurts but you have to remember that its their "opinion" they dont know everything about you and ur partner,
    Anonymous