What type of potty did you use to potty-train your son?

I'm trying to get a good idea for when it comes time (he's only 8 months right now). Also, when did you begin potty-training?

sunshinepraying

Asked by sunshinepraying at 12:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When they show signs of interst then you start by maybe let them pick one they like. Or I picked one that looked like a reg potty and let her bring it anywhere they wanted she sat on it played with it. also we got one for the big potty. I would also buy one that travels they fold up and you can take her anywhere .
    Ianmommy4

Answer by Ianmommy4 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I bought a seat for the big toilet AND a potty chair. I thought my son was showing signs of readiness at around 19 months, but he ended up not being interested, so I stopped. Now, I've decided that I'm going to set up the potty chair & let him sit on it while mommy or daddy goes pee... just so he can get used to it. Our new baby will come when our son is 25 months old, so we'll start PT right after that.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i think those little potty seats are really gross ... having to clean that daily grosses me out. i bought a little potty seat that you put on your toliet and you can just wipe that down daily instead of having to mess with all the nastiness.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 1:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I got the Royal Throne it played music everytime she goes!! It got annoying after a while so when she was fully trained I took out the batteries, she didn't care. I just set it up next to our toilet and when she was ready she went.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008