Is flirting cheating?

This weekend we went out to a family thing and he was touchy flirty with someone and even went to have a smoke without asking me with this person...is this wrong.....I feel hurt by this...he did this in front of me and I feel disrespected....... I do not know if I am being too jealous.....he would not appreciate it if I did this too him.....I know that I do not feel as secure with myself since the pregnancy weight gain and I do not want to overeact.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I think flirting is a form of cheating. Flirting is behavior that should be reserved to the special person in your life. Flirting with someone outside of the relationship undermines the relationship and causes trust issues. There are different levels of cheating, and of course flirting isn't the same as an affair, but flirting can always lead to an affair.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yes it is disrespectful. As for cheating IDK...it could also be pregnancy hormones but I definately say it was poor taste on his part.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Was this person a friend of both of you? I am just curious? I would say disrespectful to be touchy feely with someone, but as far as asking permission to go outside, that is a little too much. I understand your hormones, when I was PG I was really sensitive to everything, have to calmly talke to him? If it was an old flame or something, I would be more upset, but the fact you said Family get together leads me to believe it is someone you both know well?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• it's hurtful if it happens once in front of you or behind your back. If it happens a second time it's overt flirting. Don't play his game of you yourself flirting to make him jealous cause then you've got four people involved in yours and his relationship instead of just you two or you, him, and whoever the woman.

If it happens again when he's off with the other woman just slide on up to your hubby and just join in don't wait to be acknowledged or invited in to the conversation and say to your husband something like oh say hon are your runs any better, you were so sick this morning!!! Another line is to say to her looking at her with your arms around him glance at her and smile friendly but be concerned right away whisper to her she might want to go to the ladies room and take care of that toilet paper hangin frm pants or skirt, dress!!! If hubby gets upset later just say watch it or something will be cut short!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Its disrespectful. Flirting in my opinion is not cheating, being touchy feely is inappropriate if its not in his nature with everyone. I dont think he should have to ask you to smoke.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• honey you are not alone. I would be feeling the same way if my DH did that to me. The only difference is that I would have walked outside with them. Try talking to your hubby. If he doesnt know how you feel he cant do anything about it the next time.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• in my opinion flirting when you are taken is something like cheating its just a start of it nip it in the butt before it gets further but like everyone has said it might just be your hormones. and talking to him about it is better than assuming the worse
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Cheating not........But flirting, yes. Make sure he knows what boundaries where crossed. I am sure the girl is a friend of the family and not to blow it out of proportion.It is what it is. No more no less. Whether it is based on a combination of hormones and flirting, he needs to respect you regardless.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I would be really pissed too girl. He would not like you acting like that either I'm sure. I would totally draw the line at touchy. If he doesnt get it, do it to him sometime. He will learn faster that way. Hope it gets better for ya.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yes its very wrong. you dont hve to fuck someone to cheat.

i would speak up to him and makeit clear if he wants to flirt and fantasize then he shouldnt have a ring on his finger. that bullshit is for teenage relationships, not marriage
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009