Everytime I go to the gym...

I've been going to the gym recently and EVERYTIME I leave there, I am starving!! I try to eat good before I go, and then when I leave, sometimes I'll eat a fat free yogurt but I am literally starving for a few hours after I leave! Does this happen to everyone? How can I still go to the gym without eating like a bear when I leave? haha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I use a high fiber meal after i workout.... i feel very full.... LOL.... I have went through this for a very long time until, I asked my trainer what he would do.... I wish you luck... When I'm PMSing I will eat and eat.... LOL...
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This happens to me too. And I will usually come home & eat chips or cookies. And then I wonder why I even went.
    Anonymous

• Before and after your workout, eat a snack that is high in both protein and fiber.

When looking at protein/fiber bars or shakes, only buy products that contain AT LEAST 10g of protein per serving. Anything less than 10g is basically candy.

Eating protein before and after your workouts will heal your muscles and sustain you between meals.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• protein & fiber
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• The hour after exercising is perfect for getting protein! Go with the signal your body is giving you and eat some high quality protein. Your muscles need it!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• When looking at protein/fiber bars or shakes, only buy products that contain AT LEAST 10g of protein per serving. Anything less than 10g is basically candy.

Agreed....this is your best bet. It will fill that hunger feeling while adding benficial protein into your diet, which will stick with you much longer than junk. Just make sure to get something, as stated, with at least 10 g of protein or more and as little sugar as you can find.
    Anonymous