Has your car broken down in another town & you were Stranded?

Just know its happened.. If your car broken down in another town? What did you do? We sat in our car for over 4 1/2 hours in a Good Will parking lot!! This past Sunday. We had to get my poor ill SIL to go borrow a Truck, Borrow a car Trailer, Borrow a Cell phone.. (All from different people in different towns).Take our DD & their newborn Baby to come Get us!! It was quite an ordeal... Plus+ the four hours+ of driving time!! There's a lot more to my story.. Now Safely home I have a car I don't know what to do with! We're jobless and experiencing so many constant hardships and unexpected bills and breakdowns Etc.. My health is horrible and more Stress makes it Worse! We amused ourselves watching people Donate and reading to eachother .. What'sd your story! I'd love to hear it if you care to share it! Main thing is being Safe!! Thank you for sharing!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most people take their cars for granted. Yes, it has happened to us. It just happened to my son. He had just picked up his car from spending $4000+ on a new engine. His wife didn't want to buy a used car "because you don't know what might be wrong with it." He does whatever she says. The car has no windshield wipers ($400 to fix), the windows don't roll down, and other problems.

So he picks it up in Tucson and drives to Vegas where his dad is very ill in the hospital. The battery starts having problems. At one gas station the car won't start and he had to ask like 20 people if they would give him a jump. And he had cables! He says no one in Vegas will help you. After that he was afraid to turn off the car. He ended up making it to where his father works where his father's truck was parked and had to take the battery out and shop for a new one.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I've had a wreck out of state before. I was driving to my next job (I used to be a pet photographer and had to drive all over the place). It was around 1 am and there was a recliner in the middle of the road and I didn't see it until it was to late. I ended up spinning around about 6 times hitting guard rails. Thankfully the trucker behind me got his truck stopped and he blocked off traffic and let me sit in his truck untill the cops arrived. Then the police put me up for a night at a hotel. Then I realized that the town I got stuck in didn't have any public transportation. I managed to find a bus in the next town that I could catch to get back home but my problem was getting there and arranging to get my hotel room for another night. A lady at the gas station was nice enough to give me a ride to the next town to catch the bus home and the owner of the hotel was nice enough to give me a AAA discount so the room was cheap
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my son I went to school that was an hour away and stayed with family during school days. On my way to school, my car broke down at the turnpike. People were going 70-80 MPH right by me. It was scary.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2009