need help

i left for like 3 hours this weekend and now my daughter just want me and she willnt leave me alone and when her dad takes her she crys and hits and kicks and bits him and i just dont know what to do

williamswife522

Asked by williamswife522 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe she's just afraid you'll leave again. How old is she? I think the best thing you can do is give her lots of time with you and lots of time with you AND daddy so she can get more comfortable with him.

Maybe it's just separation anxiety.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 10:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You don't say how old your daughter is. If she is a baby up to maybe 18 mo this is common behavior. Just don't force her and treat her gently. She will grow out of it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I agree, just spend some time with her and tell her mommy wasnt leaving you baby mommy had to go do somethings in town. Dont worry I wont leave you again. Ask her what did you and daddy do while mommy was gone and say well didnt you have fun with daddy?
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• hmmm how old is dd? If baby or toddler that's normal, her routine of sight with you in it is disrupted.
    If a preschooler age or older they go through stages - I found slipping out while they were busy with a long forgotten or new dvd was helpful.

No matter which you need time for yourself to catch your breath. Keep giving yourself the car you give to others.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• she 3 and shes never like this
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• idk but like even tho she going to be a big sister i want to spend time with her but its hard with have to see the doctor alot with being on bed rest and schooland everything
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2009