So now what?

This guy I've like for a long time finally asked me out. Well, we hung out last night at his place, he was totally nice and a gentleman. We talked about our ex's and he was very honest that he isn't totally over his ex wife, which I get that because I'm not totally over my ex boyfriend either. I do kinda like him, he's HOT lol, and funny too, but I'm scared to death he might take his ex wife back or something. Should I wait it out, see if he calls or just try to forget about him? My last boyfriend honestly almost destroyed me and it's hard for me to get close to anyone right now, but I think I COULD like him a lot. I'm just sort of confused I guess. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are both single then there is no reason why you shouldn't keep talking and hanging out. Just take it slow. Why wouldn't you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Sounds like you need to take it super slow and give both of your hearts a chance to mend. A new relationship will never work between you two if one of you is still carrying a torch for your ex. Wait for him to call you and keep all contact with him friendly. Moving too fast in this situation is a sure way to ruin any chances for a healthy long term relationship in the future.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I guess I'm just a little bit scared of getting hurt again, but I'm not going to let that stop me from taking a chance I guess...or should I?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• keep being friends and see were it goes..right now if hes still into his x wife and she decides to take another go at it he might also were that leaves u hurt and lose out on a friendship. so i would just be friends but add a lil flirting and let he see u are intrested but hold off on the big comitment till u both know your both over your xes...just be there for him hang out, go out have fun but pace yourself..good luck..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• After I left my first husband I stayed single for 5 yrs. I dated alot of guy's to have fun and find the right one. number one you were at his house on the first date... I think he just wants sex. I say date every nice guy.... never go to their house until you think it might get serious. Find your true love and wait for this person. If you would die for this person .... you found your person. Now get moving and date... You meet them out and be busy, men love this... Good luck and tell me when you found this person....
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Is the divorce final? Once the divorce is final few couples get back together. If it's not final you might want to wait until it is because he is still married even if they aren't together.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2009