Another question for the Muslim Moms...

I posted a question some time ago and asked if it was permissible for Muslims to live anywhere. The answer was a resounding "yes". In the question that I posted, everyone got off-topic and started arguing. One of the responders wrote that the Bible is corrupt and that the Quran is pure. This made me think of yet another question.

If you're able to live anywhere in the world, and the Quran is pure, didn't Allah know that there were states like Alaska and places in Russia where dusk to dawn can be months at a time? A person who is fasting during a festival would DIE under those circumstances. Why didn't Allah take that into account?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Bored ? need a little excitement in your life !!!! ?

Is this the only place you got to try and stir up a rumble ?

zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 12:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I just wanted to say that this is an EXCELLENT question. I'm looking forward to reading replies that actually have answers to this question.
    Anonymous

• LOL , now why do I think this pattern is familar ?  Anon post question and then anon say GOOD QUESTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And why Am I left windering if the anins are the same , !!!

I Agree with one of the posts on Cafemom Discussion group, there needs to be a way of labelling the anons so that we can recognise if they are just one person having a conversation with themseleves or whether they are for real !!!!!

Now if I thought that this question was asked by someone who was genuinely seeking an answer instead of stirring a rumble in the jungle, I would take the time to annswer it !!!

Who knows perhaps i might anyway , but just at the moment I got better things to do !!!

zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 12:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Not the same anon, sorry. But if/when I post again I will do so in bold so you can tell it's me...I'm the one who said it was a good question. Whether or not the OP is really interested and wants to learn or is just stirring the pot I would really like to know what the answer is. I'm Catholic and there are plenty of posts with pseudo-questions posed to Catholics and even if it's absolutely clear that the person is just trying to bash or "stirring a rumble in the jungle" I still take the time to respond thoughtfully because I know that it's likely there are other people reading along who are really interested in the truth or who are at least open to reading and learning more...but that's just me. 

Anonymous

• acutally.. this has been addressed. those who live in these types of places follow the clock time.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• One of the best things about Allah is that he is merciful and he is Never NEVER NEVER unjust. He has provisions for all of us. This is his world..his universe his creation... he has conditions and alternatives for everything to make it easy upon his creation. If you doubt that, then YOu don't know who God is. and perhaps should spend more time getting to know the details before ASSuming and creating doubt where there is none.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Aasiyah, are those "provisions" in the Quran?
    Anonymous

• The best people to ask would be those that live in those places.
    Here is a link to an Alaskan Muslim site http://www.alaskamasjid.com/
    Allah/God is perfect and we don't question everything as Muslims because we can never understand all things. Allah is the all knower not us.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 3:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• OK , sorry anon 12,08 ( yes we really do need a better way of naming anons ! ) I was 95 % convinced you were the OP. I commend you for your patience in answering those who probably wont even bother to read the answer LOL, I'm not as generous as that lol, Aasiyah has already given the answer , but I actually looked at this a little once cos I was fasting a very long day at one point in my life !! LOL
    The midnight sun only happens beyond the latitude 66-33-39 , north for the artic, south for the antartic, In the south there was no population beyond that , in the north we are talking of a very small population, because the climatic conditions. The vast masses live in areas where there is a day and night - daily if that makes sense. This in itself I find interesting nearly all of the population live in an area where the laws can be followed, (this makes me say glory to Allah, ), so it nearly makes the question hypothetical
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 4:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• So in fact , its my thinking that no-one would have been muslim in that situation until Allah had provided the means to measure time without the sun rise and sunset -- the clock, In its self, as a muslim, i find that quite interesting,

On the subject of the long day fasting. The muslim year is short of days compared to he roman one so the muslim months rotate through the fixed roman ones. In an average persons life time the muslim festivals will rotate through the whole seasons, That means one who is fasting a long day in the summer , will also experience fasting a very short day in the winter , if they remain in the same location, So i realised that my long fasting day mashallah would have been compensated by a short one if I had lived to see it in the same place . !!! Glory to Allah.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 4:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009