TMI - Abnormal Pap + pain during intercourse

The title pretty much says it all. I had an abnormal pap test last month and they won't repeat it until January (to give my body time to heal they say), but lately, intercourse has been painful. Anybody has had something similar or has heard something in regards to this? My pap was done a few days after my periods, so I know this can make it abnormal but the repeat test would be normal... No bashing please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Health

• I would go somewhere else and have another pap done that is sent to another lab. I wouldn't want to wait until Jan.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I've had an abnormal result before, everything was fine. What I find odd is that they want to wait so long to do the repeat. Mine was done a couple of weeks to a month later, after the results came back. I've never heard of giving your body time to heal, unless you have another medical condition that they are concerned about? Plus, if they wanted your body to heal, it would seem they would want you to refrain from sex as well? I don't know. I think I'd call them and ask them about the painful sex and if they don't seem concerned or can't answer your questions, maybe see another dr. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I would go get another one before jan. (pap I mean) When I had the same symptoms you are mentioning it was because I had early cervical cancer cells and they were able to go in and get all of it because they did it all quickly. i was also able to have another baby after that (like 8 months later, i got pregnant) they were initially worried about my cervix holding up to the weight of the baby, but all was fine. anyways, point being, dont wait, you need to get it taken care of sooner than january, tell your doc you dont want to wait that long and have them repeat the pap in the next couple weeks, that way, if it is still abnormal, you can get it fixed pretty soon
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thanks ladies for your support and suggestions... I just made another appointment for this Wednesday, so hopefully, I'll get an answer soon.
    Anonymous