nose bleeds???

My oldest child, Michael, is 9 years old and has recently started having nose bleeds in his sleep. Is this something to worry about? It has happened twice in the last 3 weeks and he wakes up freaking out.

Gigi76825

Asked by Gigi76825 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My husband gets them; they are related to his seasonal allergies

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• His room may be too dry, run a vaporizer when he is sleeping to put humidity in the air. He could have allergies too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• DD has had a few recently, too. I make sure that she is drinking a lot of water. It's really dry here, so I think that has a lot to do with it. You could always call the nurse at your ped's office if humidity and drinking more water don't help.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Is he anemic? If the humidifier doesn't help, check out Von Willebrand's disease. I just found out that I have it!! MORE THAN LIKELY, though, it's just very dry air.
    HeathersBabies

Answer by HeathersBabies at 3:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2009