homemade christmas gift

Do you have any ideas for some homemade Christmas gifts for grandparents? my children have 9 sets of grandparents (everyone is divorced and remarried, and even the great greats are still living, geese) and buying for them alone can break us!! it is easiest (and cheaper) to make them all a couples gift and everyone gets the same thing, last year we did the stepping stones with hand prints and made ornaments. We now have 2 children and I have no more ideas, i have looked up some sites and don't really like any of their ideas, so I am throwing this out there because I know you ladies are full of great ideas!!

austynsmama

Asked by austynsmama at 12:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Holidays

• Could you have each kid fingerpaint a picture and then buy an inexpensive frame at Kohls or the dollar store? I actually have had DS do this every year, and my parents have a wall of his art? I love the stepping stone idea! On Tuesdays Kohls gives and extra 15% off of anything on sale to senior citizens--55 and up, surely with that many GP and GGP, you could let one of them in on your secret--or not just take them with you to buy frames, right now are buy one get one 50% off, so you should be able to get something nice, pretty cheap! Good luck, and Merry Christmas, can you believe it is already here?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You could always bake a bunch of yummy treats and make baskets full of treats for them. that would be good and pretty.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• We always make a calendar on the computer, and put a different picture each month of the kids. Usually each kid has 4 months that is a picture of just them, and then the other 4 is of the two of them together. I take tons of pics throughout the year, so tons to choose from. Last year, I swiped some old pics of my parents and scanned them on the computer, then printed them out and got some magnets from walmart, and made magnets out of them. You could do that with any pics, you could also scan in some kids artwork and make that into magnets.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I love the calendar idea.

I was gonna suggest making or decorating your own picture frames and of course putting a picture of them inside. Even better if you have pics of your kids with certain family members you could use those. Grandparents and older anuties and uncles love pictures of the grand kids/nieces and nephews.

If you have a craft store like AC Moores or Michaels in your area they have wooden picture frames that you can paint and decorate with all sorts of things to make sure they know it was made especially for them and with love.

Each year we take our family pics close to the holidays so we can have current pics of the kids and get them framed and make that one of the gifts I give to my mum, aunt and in-laws in Holland. Old people love showing off pics of kids and better yet to say "and they made this frame as well". It's sort of a right of passage or to say to their friends Nanny-Nanny Boo-Boo.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2009