Would you donate to a charity that helped single parents take their kids fun places?

like to amusement parks, and zoos, and other places.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why not? If I had the money, sure!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• No. Those are WANTS not NEEDS. We donate money, food and time to a shelter in our town that is only for single parents who have custody of their kids. They don't need a trip to a fun place. They need food, a bed, clothes ,medical attention.
    Anonymous

• My mom was a single parent and we went to fun places and could afford to go to fun places whenever there was time
    I dont think that a charity to take a kid to an amusement park is really favorable for me
    so NO

I would give money to a charity for parents who cant afford christmas gifts, or a thanksgiving dinner, or just need help to get buy...not a stupid amusement park
    Anonymous

• No. We don't even take our own kids - too expensive! When we give to charities, we give to meet needs, not wants. If we could afford it we would give the money to a single mom we know so that she could do something special with her child (and we have done that in the past).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That would be great. My son is 21 and I haven't been able to take him to do the things his (1/2) brothers have gotten to do with their dad. He has never been to an amusement park like 6 Flags. We have been to zoos on free days. I feel so bad that I haven't been able to take him.

We still live together and soon we will be better off financially and even though he is 21 we want to do some of the fun things we never got to do. I became disabled while pregnant with him and my only income is SSI. He bought a house and now I am living with him.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• haha...umm no
    My mom was also a single mother...in fact had me at 15 no parental help, no help from my dad
    and we still managed to go places that were fun. so yeah NO

Id give money to a charity that helped more less fortunate people do stuff like have a place for them and their kids to sleep, or give them food so they can eat.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• If I could afford to donate, I would fo sho! The hubbs and I are scraping by each month to pay down our debt, so fun activities that cost $ are not an option for us right now. Its challenging enough for a two parent family to be financially comfortable, so I can't even imagine how single parents get by! My heart goes out to them and their children.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Charities exist for the other things. Who cares about Thanksgiving dinner. What a kid will really enjoy and remember for a lifetime is a special day somewhere fun.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• No, sorry to say that I wouldn't. I have donated clothes and food, I've been a Secret Santa for needy kids for the last 3 years.
    I'm curious why the charity would choose to benifit single parents, as opposed to families in need?
    Anonymous

• I would answer the above question by saying, there are so many families "In need" who don't qualify for assistance. Maybe they make $14,000 a year instead of $13,000. This is still not an income capable of sustaining a single person, let alone a family.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009