MICE!!!!!

i have four FOUR mice in my kitchen, how in the hell can i get rid of them?!!!! i set traps and i'm still waiting for the little bastards to get in them (yuck!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Oh boy, if you have seen four that means like forty, not to alarm you, we live in an older home and when we moved in the first fall--hello mice! The sticky things under the cabinent work the best, it just sucks when you have to get rid of them, because they are still alive! They will learn about traps after the first couple get snapped, and I wouldn't use poision, because your kid or pet could come in contact. Honestly, we finally got a cat, and have not had any mice for 3 years! You might have to call an exterminator if the problem persists, they carry all sorts of disease, take everything out of kitchen cabinents and wipe them out with Clorox clean up or another disenfectant, they don't like the smell.
    If you can relocate all food in boxes and bags to another room, that will help! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• get a cat or exterminator.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• can't afford an exterminator & i hate cats
    Anonymous

• yeah i'm sorry to tell you but a cat is the best way. We had a neurotic dog that was like a cat and kept the mice away.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have two cats and I haven't had mice since I got them. They won't hunt the cockroaches, though :(

You could poison the mice, that's what my mom does. But if you have small children that's not usually recommended.

You could get a really aloof cat that doesn't want to be aroudn you, lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• thanks you guys! i can't have a cat in the house though, just can't do it....maybe one of the strays will come up and stay around outside if i feed it lol
    Anonymous

• Use peanut butter on the traps.
    Instead of bait or cheese .
    That worked on my memaws farm to get the mice out of her house. They seem to like peanut butter better lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You can also use those pellets
    Hide them under cabinets and stuff make sure nowhere your kids can get to them THose work too
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Ps, I forgot to tell you set some traps out side, ie close to the door, you can get the little suckers before they come in and have a chance to tell one another about traps-LOL--Could you borrow a cat? Like I said those sticky things attract mice like crazy, but they will keep on coming as long as its cold. Maybe one time a week, leave and have a friend bring her kitty over, mice can sense the danger! PS-don't get the sticky things in your hair, jumped with one in my hand and thought I was going to have to get all my hair cut off!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009