nose bleeds?????

My oldest child, Michael, is 9 years old and has recently started having nose bleeds in his sleep. Is this something to worry about? It has happened twice in the last 3 weeks and he wakes up freaking out.

Gigi76825

Asked by Gigi76825 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I just answered a question like this recently. My sons both had this issue. One worse then the other. What we found is they were having nosebleeds from the mucous membranes in the nose getting too dry. A Dr. told us to swab the inside of the nose with vasekline on a Q-tip before going to bed. It solved the problem. My youngest son is 23 and still has to do this especially when the weather turns colder.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It is normal I owuld run a humidifier at night and a lil vasilin in the nostrel shoudl help also
    GL
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I 3rd the vaseline in the nostrils - it really works, from personal experience! (kind of gross feeling, but it's better than waking up with your head in a blood puddle!)
    Anonymous