how long does lavendar last?

my friend picked up some lavendar in bulk for me and I plan to make some sachets for the ladies in my family this xmas...the bag isnt sealed tight, but will the scent last till xmas time? or is there a way to conserve the smell till then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you can keep it in a ziplock (or several), definitely start there. Then, put those bags in a dark place. If you *really* want the fragrance to last, you can also put the bags into the freezer.

As long as they are in an airtight container of some sort, the fragrance will last (I kid you not) for years. If not, they'll lose their fragrance in a few weeks.

I'm an herbalist. I have lavender in foil bags that are over a year and a half old, and still smell just as fresh as the day they came into my shop. Good luck!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 10:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ok! i have some freezer bags and I'll stick it in there! thanks :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009