Have you ever had an affair?

Or been tempted to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I had an affair on my XH with my current DH. In this case, I was married to the wrong man, I was miserable, and yes I was totally wrong for having an affair, but I would have never left him otherwise, I met DH and fell MADLY in love. It was the hardest time of my life, I mean it was hell for everyone involved, but thank God I got out of my bad marriage and moved on. DH and I have been together now almost 12 years. I would never EVER cheat on him and I have never ever regretted what happened.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• sadly yes i was soooo unhappy in my marriage that I did, but felt VERY gulity.
    Anonymous

• No, I have not. I took vows and I love my husband.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I kissed someone else. I do not consider it an affair and I feel guilty. I do fantasize about other men sometimes...I don't know what to do about it.
    Anonymous

• No, I have not and have not been tempted to. I have a solid marriage and don't need to go elsewhere. It's not worth hurting someone else like that anyway.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Tempted, yes. Did I follow through, no. Instead my husband and I talked about it and we fixed our marriage.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I've never been unfaithful. I have no desire to be either. It's not that I don't notice other men... it's just that I love my husband very much, and I could never hurt him like that. I couldn't sleep with someone I didn't love, either, and I definately have not been in love with anyone else.

I can't condemn people who have had affairs, though. I don't think humans were ever meant to be completely monogomous for their lifetime. It's a choice that we make. As an individual, I just couldn't cheat, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Having an affair never solves anything. I could never be unfaithful, and if it ever happened to me, my heart would break. I could never stay with someone who cheated on me.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yes. during the last year of our marriage (about 2 years ago), i had an affair with a good friend. life was miserable with my ex- whom, had refused to have sex with me since the birth of out first son 2 years earlier. on the single occasion that he was inclined to show any physical affection, our second son was conceived.

i do not have any regrets, except for the fact that he got caught in the circle of violence that my ex husband created, and that i lived with for years. it was unfair of me to expose him to that- seeing that up until then, the only person he took his anger out on physically, was me.
    here i am, two years later, out of the nightmare, divorced, and happy as can be.

i could NEVER be unfaithful to someone who i love, i simply do not have it in me. i did not love my ex, i am not sure that i ever did.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• From some of these posters it seems like it's ok to have an affair as long as you say you 'never loved your husband?' Um, that's still an affair!
    Anonymous