URGENT URGENT PLEASE ANSWER!!!

at about 9:00 i woke up in horable lower back pain that is now gone...didnt think much of it just thought i needed to get up layed back down and leaked some kind of fluid all over my shorts so i changed and went to the bathroom and sat down and it started leaking kinda like i was peeing but not as heavy as peeing...i left the bathroom woke my SO up to let him know what was going on stood up and my new clothes i put on are soaked again this time with a lil white egg whiteish substance in it....im a first time mom so i have no idea whats going on or if i should go in and have it checked do u moms know whats going on???

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 12:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like your water broke! If you're term then you can hang out for a while (you won't get an infection in your own home, and they will put a time limit on your labor in the hospital), wait for labor to start. If you're NOT term then go to the hospital IMMEDIATELY.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• go to the hospital.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yor water broke most likely. how far along are u?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• If it's urgent.... why in world are you blogging?? Call your doc!
    Anonymous

• yes, go in.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You don't need to go to the hospital. Your water broke. Your baby needs to be born in the next 24 hours. Once the waters break there is a risk of infection to the baby after 24 hours.

This is not an emergency. Call your care providers office and let them know what happened. Get your bag ready and do any other little things you want to do. You can take a shower, not a bath. Labor should start on it's own.

Didn't you take childbirth class or read any childbirth books? Have someone go to the video store or library and get you a childbirth video to watch. A childbirth book with pictures would be good to have. Someone could go buy you one or get one from the library.

If that's not possible there is a lot of info on childbirth online. Email me if you would like me to look for some good websites for yu.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Im not due till dec 15th so i had no idea it was my water breaking and i just started my childbirtthing class so nope really have no idea...my mother doesnt get here for about another half hour... will i be ok till then...im in shock and didnt think this would happen to me this early...
    excitedmomma2be

Answer by excitedmomma2be at 1:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Your pretty early....I would definatly call your doctor ASAP!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You're fine. Just get there as soon as you can so that they can hopefully get your labor stopped. If you wait too long it could be too late and they may not be able to stop things. Good Luck mama!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009