Does Tricare pay for circumcision?

I am having a boy in about a month. I am new to this life so i dont know much about Tricare. I just got put on Tricare a few weeks ago. I was on Madicaid and it would have cost $225 to circumcise. Does tricare pay and if not how much would it cost. Thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unfortunately yes. I think it may cost $10, please research it.
    Anonymous

• Don't do it. If your son wants his genitals mutilated let him choose to do it as an adult.
    Anonymous

• yes. i got my son circusised. and i have tricare
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Not sure what tricare is, but State medical believes that it is a cosmetic surgery so I have to pay full price of what the doc charges.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Not sure what tricare
    is isnsurance for military personnel and their families
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• poor thing, i hate when ppl try to talk you out of your decision!!!!!! I had my son oct. 1st, and got him circumsized. I have tri-care prime which paid for it. Tri care standard pays most of it i do believe =)
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 1:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Tri care will pay for everything. I have 5 kids all on tricare prime. Don't worry you will be ok. I had my 3 boys done in the hospital as babies. I couldnt imagine doing in anytime after that! You can go to the tricare website and get alot of your questions answered.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 1:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Watch out for Lejeune Naval, heard/witnessed some awful circ & birth stories from there. I would have my baby out in town & not on base. Tricare still covers it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2009