Could i be losing my mucus plug? (TMI)

i only ask cause i never experienced this with my first pregnancy and now i am beggining to have a lot of discharge, i called my sister and she said it was, i am kinda freaking out, lol i have been having contractions but they are irregular last time i was examed i was 2 cm dilated, that was on sat... i have a dr.'s appointment on wednesday, i don't know if i should wait till then i just called and they told me if u start having contractions then go to the E.R lol sorry i am just trying to be Safe so to speakoh and i am 35 wks pregnant Thanks

waterlily89

Asked by waterlily89 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i lost my plug like at 32 wks. it regenerates so i lost it like 3 times before i deliver. unless your having more then a6 contactions in an hour or your water breaks then dont worry.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• thank you, i am having about 4 in an hour lol so yea but they hurt so much when i went to the E.R nurse told me that they braxton hicks so that is the only thing stopping me... that and i do not have a ride to the er and no one to watch my son, at least not until wednesday
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• it might be the mucus plug but i agree with PP that it's ok to lose it, it doesn't really indicate that labor is on its way. :)
    Anonymous