Juggling Life

I am fulltime student, Full time Employee, and a mom with a boyfriend. I am having a hard time juggling all of them. And my relationship is, from my stand point, failing. Anyone have advise?

roxie23900

Asked by roxie23900 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• From your standpoint, it's failing. What about his? Does he agree? As for advice, the best thing I can say is to set priorities, decide what's most important and go with that. A relationship might not be what you need right now, if other things are more important. Kids obviously have to come first and foremost, but decide after that what is most important. Also, see if there is anything that you can cut down on and still have everything getting enough attention. Maybe you get really great grades and study more than you need to. Or combine things: maybe boyfriend can help you study. He could meet you for lunch at work. Talk on the phone right before bed.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I agree with tropical. Maybe having a relationship is going to have to take a back burner right now. I'm in the same situation...sorta...still looking for a job. Me and dh are separated and he wants to fix things b/t us but me being in school, taking care of two kids by myself and hopefully in the near future will have at least a part-time job, i don't have time to work on a relationship. What's important is getting this degree so that i can give my daughters anything they need and want when they get older. I need to work on ME and YOU do too. If the relationship is already failing maybe take a break from each other until things are more settled in your life.
    Anonymous

• If you feel the relationship is failing, it's time to get out of it. You will find that you have much more energy for the other areas of your life. Emotional drain is the absolute worst kind. It affects the ability to get proper rest even when you have the opportunity, sometimes even to the point of keeping one from getting proper sleep, which is very important to one's overall well-being. I would get out quickly.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i too feel like im juggling life i live wit my son father which our relationship is failing too (i know he is cheating) taking care of my son who is always sick (colds n coughs like crazy) but like all year around and i help taking care of my mom who has colon cancer stage 4 then helping my alil sister (11 yrs old) there is no father in her life n she lives wit my mother so she going through alot her self
    its like da neverending story wit me im like where da heck ami going to fit in a partime job being my son n mom are always sick :-(
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 6:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2009