Single Moms - Doesn't it make you upset when you hear about a family that has a mom and dad that works and have one kid, who are having trouble finacially and you are doing better than they are with only one income?

This bothers me bad. I am a single mom who used to work with this lady, her and husband both worked at the same place as I did, the same apartments and they would always complain about being broke... they had a son who was a little bit older than mine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is an instance, not a generalization, both DH and I work and are having a hard time making ends meet! I think you have to take each story in general, not as a whole, should a single mom doctor have the right to complain as much as a couple who work at Wal-mart? Hard times are hard times, single, married, or living together!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I agree with PP. Sometimes you may not know the whole story.
    Anonymous

• I also agree. You don't know their circumstances. They might have more bills or whatever. It really shouldn't bother you. You should be happy.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 1:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• you're probally on some kind of pa where they can't be b/c of 2 incomes
    Anonymous

• in most cases single moms get some sort of assistance that working couples dont get .we pay EVERYTHING out of our own pocket..medical bills food rent utilities ect
    Anonymous

• You should shut up and be grateful you don't have as many bills or expenses as they do. Like TWO car payments and FAMILY plan insurance coverage.
    Anonymous

• OP here - you are all right... I shouldn't judge but I guess that's how we all our... someone makes everyone look bad and we put everyone who fits that description into one catergory.

Actually, they drink and do drugs I think and that is why they are broke. She would smoke other peoples cigarettes that she found in random astrays... that's how broke they are.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE - ANON : 27 Um... I OWN A CAR AND I AM BUYING ANOTHER... THEIR CAR IS OLD AND MOSTLY LIKELY PAID OFF.
    Anonymous

• ANON that was uncalled for...... but I was a single mom, and now I'm a married one, I had one kid now I have 2.... We have 2 incomes, and we are also on PA....we still have a hard time... and we don't spend our money on anything but the bare necessities. I have one credit card that I used to pay some medical bills, we used our income tax check to pay off my car, and my husband still owes on his, we've only been married for a year...It's no easier now than it was being single, cuz now I have 2 extra mouths to feed, clothe, diaper (in one case), and put a roof over.
    Anonymous

• No it doesn't make me upset, it makes me grateful that I can pay my bills. Do you mean upset FOR them or WITH them?I might feel bad for them that they can hardly get by but I wouldn't be upset WITH them.
    Anonymous