your thoughts on layaway?

Has anyone done layaway before? Just saw where Toys R US is doing it on big ticket items. What do you think of layaway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used it once. I paid for my items and kept them there so my family wouldnt
    find there xmas gifts. Its pretty nice over here.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 1:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i did it all the time when walmart had layaway, i loved it!
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I wish Walmart still did it...they really screwed themselves
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I don't think anyhing of it. It's great if it needs to be used.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 1:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i wish wal mart still did it also =( i think its good as long as you stay within the budget i seen people over spend thinking oh i time then when time comes they couldnt keep up payments..
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think layaway is great I have one right now at kmart. I have SO's gifts there that he doesn't know about and I also really don't have room for the baby's stuff right now, We are going to have to go through toys and donate some before we can bring in the Christmas stuff.
    Anonymous

• I wish walmart still had it too, but if Toys r us has it ( I was not aware) thats great, just as long as you dont over do it.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Hey, it's better than charging it when you can't afford it! I have never done it, but hey if it works for you, that's great! I think it's a neat idea, though.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 1:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think we would use it if it was over a longer period of time. DH only gets paid once a month, so it doesn't help us much to do a 6 week layaway... But people who get paid more than that, I'm sure it's a great help!
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• its a great idea for people who don't have a lot of money at a time to go buying big things. I wish more stores had it! Around here KMart and TJMaxx are the only places you can do layaway. I wish Target did so I could put my daughter's toddler bed on it.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2009