Whats safe to take while your prego for colds?

I have a cough, runny nose, and itchy ears. I am doing the Vick's vaporizer/humidifier thing and tylenol for the fever. Any other suggestion's?

my2loves0607

Asked by my2loves0607 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wasn't allowed to do anymore than what you are doing except I ate Ludemans cough drops like they were going out of style
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• my ob said i could take tylenol cold & flu when i was preggo
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I didn't think cough drops were safe. Im going to have to ask my Dr. about that. that would help alot! Thanks.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

my mom ate them with my brother and he is never sick. I didn't ask my doc about them though, I just took them
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• your doctor should have provided you with a list, if you call the office the receptionist can read you the list

every doctor is different

mine allowed a lot more medications than that
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am there now except I am just congested! I have been taking Sudafed ( ask pharmacist ) for it- not the same as on shelf. My ob also said Benadryl is safe too...

Check out the website www.safefestus.com It shows what is safe to take but call your ob to confirm.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 2:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Sudafed, Benadryl and Tylenol. I was pregnant during flu season and worked in a daycare. These, upon my OB's recommendation, are the meds that I was able to take.

HeathersBabies

Answer by HeathersBabies at 1:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2009