Taking Dilfucan while 18 weeks pregnant

Ok so I have this yeast infection that feels like it is getting pretty severe, I cant use monistat as I have a low line placenta and the doctor said I shouldnt be using the applicator as there is a risk I could hit the placenta, she didnt tell me this until AFTER the first time I used it and had a severe allergic reaction to it. Lets just say it hurt to sit down the next morning. So she prescribed me the diflucan but when I went to get it filled the pharmacy would not fill it because they said it is in the category c for pregnancy risk, I have read that the baby could be born with deformities. I called my doctor and she said they give it out all the time that there isnt that big of a risk of anything happening but I am still scared to take it. I cant go much longer without treating this infection because I am afraid that too could hurt the baby. Has anyone else taken Diflucan while pregnant? Please help!!

Zoeysmommy1023

Asked by Zoeysmommy1023 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, my doc said the same thing that your pharmacy said. I'd check back with the doc...they need to get their facts straight.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2009