7 weeks pp from emergency c-section and still freaking bleeding?

is that like normal...i thought i had stopped bleedin like way back at 2 and a half weeks but then it started up again, i got my first ever depo at 3 weeks and im still bleeding...not like a whole lot just like heavy spotting and there is some clots every now and then(sry i know tmi)..but its enough to drive me nuts i hate it....

eSnA2008

Asked by eSnA2008 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Seven weeks isn't all that long. I bled longer than that from my first 'easy' vaginal birth. I don't know if depo is supposed to stop the bleeding?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i have no idea either.my other two were vaginal deliverys i didnt bleed this long...so its just ugh...
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Everyone I know that has been on Depo has crazy bleeding on and off. I would guess it is the Depo causing the bleeding. If you are really concerned, call your OB and ask to speak with a nurse.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Hmmm not sure. I had a c-section on Sept 5th, bled for about 4 weeks, stopped completely for a week and then I got my period for another 7 days!!! I was SO mad especially since I am breastfeeding i was really hoping i wouldnt get it for a while! I would Call your OB just to be sure this normal. You usually bleed less with a c-section......7 weeks seems kinda long to me.
    megs2boys

Answer by megs2boys at 9:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Not normal with a C- section, but with the depo it is.
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2009